WINCHESTER 1886 SHORT RIFLE
Lever-action rifle chambered for powerful historic cartridges, blued receiver, lever, forearm cap and crescent buttplate. 24″ round barrel. Satin finish walnut straight grip stock and forearm. Marble Arms front sight and adjustable rear sight; receiver tapped.
Strong and reliable. The strong and reliable action of the Winchester® Model 1886 was designed to handle the then-new, heavier 45-70 Govt. cartridge, developed by the U.S. Government in 1873. The Model 1886 Short Rifle features a deeply-blued receiver, barrel and lever, along with a matching blued steel end cap and steel crescent buttplate. The classic straight grip Grade I walnut stock allows quick shouldering, and has an elegant satin finish. The full-length tubular steel magazine holds six 45-70 Govt. cartridges. The receiver is drilled and tapped for the addition of an optional receiver sight.
A top-tang safety, adjustable rear buckhorn style sight and a gold bead Marble Arms® front sight complete the graceful profile of this historic model. Like the other historical rifle models, production is limited.
- WALNUT STOCK GRADE I, SATIN FINISH for deep grain beauty, STRAIGHT GRIP for genuine good looks and fast handling
- STEEL CRESCENT BUTTPLATE adds traditional look while protecting the buttstock
- FULL-LENGTH MAGAZINE provides balance, classic lines and higher capacity
- TOP-TANG SAFETY is easy to see and operate
- REBOUNDING HAMMER provides added margin of safety
- MARBLE ARMS® FRONT SIGHT with brass bead for easier sighting
- ADJUSTABLE REAR SIGHT gets you on target with any ammo
- STEEL LOADING GATE for smoother loading
- BARREL is button-rifled with recessed crown for ultimate accuracy
- RECEIVER is drilled and tapped for traditional side mounted receiver sight